Condo Renovation Ideas to Make Your Home Design Perfect
Maintenance and renovation of the condo is a sheer necessity if you want to enhance the longevity and elegance of the property. But renovation brings with it layers of complex processes that need to be meticulously planned and executed. The struggle of renovating condos is real as it involves a lot of changes and you might be baffled about where to start and what exactly to work on. For giving a completely fresh makeover to your property, you need to know precisely certain tips that will empower you to have good and hassle-free renovation work.
There are certain tips for a successful condo renovation if you follow them appropriately.
1. Know and comprehend the rules of condo renovation- Every housing project has certain pre-established rules. Approach the board or the manager of the housing association. Know the rules of renovation precisely. Mostly they have a list that entails what can be renovated in the property and what one needs to take permission for. In the list, they clearly mention the parts of condo structures that can be renovated. Also, most housings have certain fixed hours and days for conducting any kind of renovation work.
2. Hiring contractors or self-renovating- This factor needs to be pondered. You should be clear about hiring a full-time contractor or renovating it with your own responsibility. If you don’t have enough time and experience, it’s better that you hire an experienced contractor as they give significant important services as understand the exact need of the property. They also have access to different suppliers and a wide network which helps to complete the project on time and effectively.
3. Define the purpose of renovation- Are you renovating it for your living or do you want to add some value to it while reselling? While renovating it for your own living, you can go with the materials and designs that suit your taste and while renovating it for resale or renting purposes, you should select the material and design that adds glamor and style quotient to the condos.
4. A time frame of the renovation- Establish a realistic time period for completing the project. You should make clear to your contractor how long it will take to complete the renovation task. Exaggerating the time frame of renovation work will bring layers of problems for you. Also, one must be clear about the hours and days of the renovation work as these are fixed by the management authority.
5. Understand the limits of renovation- know the limits of your condo renovation work. Not everything can be changed. There are certain architectural structures that are very complex to renovate. It’s good to leave those parts and focus on parts that can be renovated easily, for instance, color, flooring, ceiling design, kitchen cabinet, wall cupboard, and others.
6. Be flexible- don’t expect unrealistic renovation work. Everything can’t be executed as per your desire. Flexibility with designing concepts will add some new features which will eventually enhance the beauty of the condo.
7. Relocate to some other palace- renovation work is uncomfortable and long. Staying in the home and getting the renovation work will only add to your worries. For comfortable and speedy renovation work, get yourself relocated to some other nearby place.
8. Determine the budget- condo renovation includes a lot of expenses which includes material cost, labor wages, contractor consulting fee, building permit, and others. It is good to set aside 10 percent of the budget for unanticipated expenses.
Conclusion- Renovating a condo is a tiresome process but it enhances the value of it. The condo should be renovated after a certain interval of time to be in sync with the changing trend of home modeling. It also adds to the resale value.